From the Philippines to the U.S.A

Three years ago, I fell in love with someone who lives thousands of miles away. Despite the distance, we made it work! Now, we are a family of three :)

My family back in the Philippines

Traveling to the U.S.A

Traveling to the United States of America was a time of many firsts for me - first time flying first class, first time traveling for that long, and first time flying on a one-way ticket.

Flying First Class
My then-fiance (now husband) booked me a flight bound for the U.S. just days after getting my K1 visa by mail.


Since I was traveling alone at that time and pregnant (I was three months preggy then), he thought of making my flight as comfortable as he wanted it to be. He purchased a first-class seat for me.

Because it's my first time flying first class, I was nervous and excited at the same time.

These lights are so cool! They lit up at night, around bedtime.

The first leg of our flight was Manila to Taiwan, which was about an hour or so. 

First Class Seat Impressions
  • The seat is amazing! It in itself is a treat! It can be adjusted in different ways, even a bed. 
  • Food presentation is on-point! Taste-wise, it's okay but presentation and service-wise, they're superb!

Food - my favorite part of this first-class seat experience!

I placed so many exclamation points because I was really amazed :D

Arriving in the United States
The second leg of my flight was Taiwan-San Francisco and then the last leg was San Francisco-Denver. 

I actually got lost in Denver Airport. After getting off the plane, I went to the bathroom for my much-needed pee break. When I got out of the bathroom, I didn't know which way to go. 

Good thing I found an information booth and asked how to get to the arrival area. She told me about getting into the train and getting off at terminal B (I repeated this twice to make sure I got it right). 

So I got into the train and got off to the terminal she mentioned. And there, I saw my fiance, with a bouquet of flowers and with the funny look (he knows that I'm horrible at directions). We picked up my luggage (which was the last piece of lugge on the conveyor belt) and headed home :) 

First impression of Colorado? It's freakin' cold! 
Home sweet home! 
  

No comments