Walking Around El Nido Town

I was relieved when the driver finally said we've reached El Nido. There's just something about the town that'll make you want to explore it ASAP regardless of the sore butt from the 6-hour bus ride and from being hungry from the trip. 


Out of excitement, I immediately hopped out of the bus, hired a trike and told the driver to take me to Tay Miloy's Inn. It didn't occur to me that the owner of the inn could have been there in the bus station. When I've reached their place, his wife told me that he went to the bus station to fetch me (oh gasp!). 

After getting acquainted with the place and meeting the owner with an apologetic smile, I went around the town to ask people around of interesting places to see and things to do in their town. It was I guess untimely as just before I head to Squidoo's, it rained so hard.


My impression on the town of El Nido: 
It's a laid back town where you can unwind. You don't have to worry about places to stay as almost every house, carenderia, and outdoor shop will offer you a room to stay. You also don't have to fret over food as you have tons of options. You can have a budget meal in a carenderia or spend an extra amount for a nice seafood dish. As with transportation, there are tricycles (minimum fare is P8) all over the place. You can also explore the town on your own by renting a motorcycle.


I went back to the inn earlier as what I've planned. I immediately hit the bed right after working on some online projects as the next day's my schedule to explore the paradise ;)

Tips:
*There are no ATM machines in the town so make sure you bring enough cash. There are however facilities for sending and receiving money (like Cebuana Lhuillier). 
*There's currently a rotational brownout. It starts at 6am in the morning. According to locales, it usually ends at 12nn. 

No comments