Thoughts of a Newbie Solo Female Traveler

Why do they travel solo?
What do they get out of it?
Is it really worth a try?

These are just some of my questions before embarking on this solo trip to Palawan. These questions and the idea of going solo has been resonating in my head since December of last year. Thus, as early as February, I already booked my ticket to Puerto Princesa via Cebu. That time, I was thinking of going to Palawan and Bohol after that. However, plans have changed when Cebu Pacific launched a new route from Davao a few months after I booked my ticket.

Since I'm confident that my schedule's free that time, I didn't hesitate to book my Davao-Puerto Princesa trip. I didn't inform anyone form the family yet as I could foresee their reaction especially from my parents who have been protective of me. That time, I've only informed a few friends who also have this HUGE passion on traveling. Just like me, they couldn't contain their excitement on this solo trip.

I spent weeks planning my itinerary and working around my schedule. It was hard but fulfilling. 

A few hurdles came along.
I was called for a training and job offer.
I refused. 
This time, I'm fully convinced 
that I'm passionate about traveling. 

August 19 arrived.
I couldn't explain what I'm feeling that moment.
It's like being a kid all over again.
The thrill, the call for adventure is something that makes me fly inside. 

And just what I've envisioned it, my first solo trip turns out to be a great adventure!

I met angels along the road.

I realized that people are innately good,

                     the world isn't as dangerous as what other people think it is,

                     it's ok to be alone 'cause being alone isn't synonymous with being lonely,

                     people from different countries may be raised in different culture but in some ways, 
                     we are the same,

                    that being in a relationship isn't a foolproof way of being happy,

                    that happiness is a choice,

                    that the world doesn't focus on you,

                    there are bigger issues out there that need to be addressed and in little ways,
                    you can be part of the solution, and

                    life is not perfect but you can always find means to make it worth living.


Thus, I'm looking forward for more solo trips :)

If you're contemplating on trying this solo adventure, go and take the plunge. You'll really never know unless you try. You have to experience it firsthand.

Have fun solo traveler and see you on the road!
                    
                


No comments