Tay Miloy's Inn: A Budget-Traveler's Home

"Ma'am Jo, i-text niyo lang po ako 'pag nasa bus station na po kayo" (Ma,'am Jo, just text if you're already in the bus station), that was the SMS I received from the owner of Tay Miloy's Inn as I approached El Nido. 

If you've been traveling on a budget and you happen to search for the most economical accommodation in El Nido, Palawan, you probably have came across Tay Miloy's Inn from backpackers, budget travelers, and even from travel bloggers. It is definitely one of the cheapest accommodation you can find in the paradise of El Nido. At P300/night for a single fan room with common bath/toilet room, you already have a room to stay in this town.


I arrived in El Nido at 5 pm. Unsure why the owner sent me an SMS, I hired a trike for P15 then head directly to his place. Almost all trike drivers know where it is so you don't have to worry. When I arrived, the owner's wife informed me that her husband went to the bus station to fetch me (oh gasp!). She then handed me the key to the family room. Before I could utter a word about the probable misunderstanding, she informed me that someone else's occupying my room so for the meantime, I'll be using this huge family room ALL BY MYSELF (lucky, eh?). 


True enough, if you're deprived of something for a number of days, you can't help but appreciate even the most mundane things. I find myself excited for staying in a room with private bath/toilet ;) This happiness though is short-lived as I have to transfer to my room the following day.



I didn't find myself disappointed though as my room has spacious bed, working fan and good lighting. In fact, it's more than enough for P300/night room.

Tip: If you want to stay here, you better book earlier as Tay Miloy's Inn has limited number of rooms. You can reach the owner at this number: +639297955756

No comments