Spelunking at Ugong Rock Adventure

My companions in the Underground River tour wanted to stop by the Ugong Rock Adventure. I was actually quite apprehensive in joining them as I thought that would be our last stop. I was thinking of heading to the Vietnamese Village instead. Good thing, our tour guide was kind enough to adjust our schedule to include both places ;)



Minutes before reaching the Ugong Rock Adventure, I told myself that I would just wait for them in the van. Having realized that I haven't tried spelunking before changed my mind (I hope I didn't give our guide a headache, hehe). 


The place is name as such because the rock formation inside the cave give a distinct sound when you hit them.



Most of my companions are more excited with the zipline than the caving itself. Spelunking in the cave costs P200 but if you want to do both (spelunking + zipline), you have to pay P600. Having tried zipline in Davao and trying to be money savvy, I opted to skip the zipline part though it would mean that I have to go down by foot using the same trail in climbing up. 


We are given a brief overview of the place and then the guidelines in spelunking. As part of the precautionary measures, everyone is subjected to a short health assessment (blood pressure is taken). Caving could be hard especially for those who have health issues. 


I wouldn't say it's easy because clearly, it isn't. I wouldn't also classify it as difficult since you could get by as long as you can walk well and consider yourself as physically fit.


Reaching the peak and seeing this amazing view makes this over 30-minute trek/climb all worth it! Ada and I spent a few more minutes here before climbing down.


If you're in Puerto Princesa and would like to experience some adventure, then you better try the spelunking activity in Ugong Rock. Challenge yourself by skipping the zipline and reach the starting point by foot. This experience taught me not to say 'no' unless you've tried it. 

To our tour guide, if you happen to read this, THANK YOU! I would definitely regret it if I stay in the van and bore myself to death if not with your convincing power (and sorry too for being a prick). 

No comments