Living Life in Reverse

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time pause and reflect."
-Mark Twain-

While most of people of my age are busy getting married or working their ass off for their next promotion, I find myself getting busy in fulfilling my life's bucket list. At a closer look, my life today seems like a reverse of the conventional life most people have. I don't really have regrets as I am happy and I am living a fulfilling life. However, there are these times when this chasing dreams journey make me feel like an 'alien' in the society.




In our culture, it's not typical for someone of my age to travel first before getting into the real world of one's profession. What is most common here is the work hard now - save a lot - get married - retire - travel process. Most of the times I thank myself for being and thinking differently but there are these times when other people's opinion successfully get into my system. Then I begin to question my decision of traveling first.



Whenever I think back of the consequences of my decisions, I could not help but be proud of myself. I am fulfilling my dreams despite the odds. I may still be miles away from my RTW dream but I know that living this life in reverse is a good start. 



No comments